Spread The Word
- Educate the clergy in your community: Make copies of our “Dear Religious Leader” letter and send them to houses of worship in your community. This is an easy, inexpensive and effective way to get this important message out.
- Report a violation: If you learn that houses of worship in your community have intervened in elections on behalf of candidates, report that information to Americans United. If the facts warrant, we will file a complaint with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Send a letter to the editor: Use information from the Project Fair Play site to write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Letters columns are widely read.
- Spread the word on the Internet: Add information about Project Fair Play to your blog or your pages on Facebook or Twitter. Go to other Web sites where religion and politics is being discussed, and post comments about the requirements of federal tax law. Link to the Project Fair Play site if you think the information here is pertinent to the discussion and the Web site’s rules allow such links.
- Send a donation to Americans United: Americans United is the leading national watchdog group fighting the misguided drive to turn churches into cogs in political machines. We appreciate your financial support for Project Fair Play and our other efforts to keep church and state separate.